Thursday, March 20, 2014

Lights Down, Curtains Up, Roll the Projector!

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, and thank you for stopping by. CineMusings is home to all of my personal movie reviews, and observations and opinions about today's pop culture climate with a HEAVY focus on...what else? Cinema! Cinema and TV represent the primary mode of consuming stories for most people in the world. Being blessed enough to live in the United States means I'm sitting in the world's foremost producer of intellectual properties across literature, cinema, television, and other media outlets. Cinema, to me is the most wonderful medium for telling stories. In it, you find a culmination of writing, music, acting, editing, directing, and increasingly impressive and immersive visual effects both practical and computerized. Animation is taking strides constantly pushing the envelope to greater heights than ever before. The medium is endless in it's possibilities.



Storytellers are the ones who shape a civilization and define a culture in the greater framework of history. It's a great power that...yep, comes with great responsibility. (I had to do it.) Not everything that comes out in theatres or (to a MUCH larger degree) is shown on TV is worth being a part of our culture. However, that's not something that any age in modern history has been able to avoid. The turn of the 20th century saw a tidal wave of smarmy pulp novels and novellas. Today we have the disheartening popularity of reality TV and the recently passed Twilight "saga." Regardless, it all has SOME kind of value and offers a reflection of who we are as a culture. Despite shortcomings of any given part of our popular culture whether it be music, movies, or anything else, there is ALWAYS something wonderful to discover. There is almost ALWAYS something new coming down the pike for us to marvel at. For every Fallout Boy (ugh) there's The Killers (remember them? They're even more awesome now.). For every "Twilight" there's "Harry Potter". For every "Keeping Up with Why the Hell are These People Famous!?", there's a "Breaking Bad" (The whole thing is on Netflix, go watch all of it now!) and for every R.I.P.D. (I forgive you Jeff Bridges) there's a Gravity. And there's so much more from the last century or more to discover!
Here's some things to know about the blog, my dear reader.

1. The opinions expressed here are completely my own. These views do not represent my employer at any time. This is one Coneheads Theory Co-host's opinion and that's all.

2. I invite and actively encourage feedback and commentary. If you love what I'm saying or think it's a crock of horse crap...tell me. I'd love to engage in a discussion about anything on here.

2a. As a Conehead, I like to adhere to the tenant of the Coneheads Theory which is as follows: There are about 7 billion people on Earth. Including made-for-TV movies as well as documentaries, there are roughly 500,000 movies in existence. It stands to reason that if you were to poll the whole world at least one person would tell you that The Coneheads is the best movie ever and they would be able to back that up with some kind of rationale. People like what they like. People hate what they hate. Express that love or hate with passion but do NOT be a prick about it. No trolling. No personal attacks at someone you disagree with. I won't do it. I ask you to do the same.

3. Leave a comment or email me if you have any suggestions, comments, criticisms, concerns, or queries. I'd love to hear from you.

4. I will do my best to avoid ALL SPOILERS. If I feel it necessary to spoil something for the sake of discussion it will be CLEARLY MARKED so you can skip the spoilers if you've yet to see whatever is being yakked about.

5. Enjoy...AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment